Job Opportunities in the UK

HR & Facilities Officer

Part Time: 21 Hours per week

Salary: £32,928 per year (pro rata £19,756)

Medical Aid for Palestinians (MAP) works for the health and dignity of Palestinians living under occupation and as refugees. MAP is the leading UK charity delivering health and medical care to those worst affected by conflict, occupation, and displacement, in the occupied Palestinian territory and Lebanon.

Are you a well organised administrator with HR and facilities experience? We are recruiting to this key part time post at this exciting time for MAP. The work is challenging but rewarding. Your primary focus will be as the HR support, working closely with the Senior HR Advisor to provide efficient, effective and proactive HR services and facilities management to MAP.  Responsible for officer level HR duties such as issuing contract of employment, offer letters, training administration, day-to-day queries and managing the HR system

The HR duties will form 80% of the role, the other 20% of your time will be spent managing the office, dealing with contractors ordering office equipment, stationary, office Health and Safety and arranging basic repairs and maintenance.

Of course, knowledge of the area is important, but the attitudes values and behaviours are key to success at MAP letters, keeping records and You will be responsible for liaising with our external contractors, solicitors, service providers and keep the office  

For full job description click here.

To apply for this interesting role, in the first instance please send a CV to hr@map-uk.org


Equal opportunities

MAP aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.

Background checks

As an organisation MAP is committed to the welfare and protection of children and vulnerable adults. MAP will conduct appropriate background and references checks. Link in that safeguarding and ethical conduct. 

MAP's Privacy Policy

Our privacy statement can be found here

Safeguarding

MAP’s Safeguarding Policy can be found here:

https://www.map.org.uk/about-map/our-standards

As part of MAP’s commitment to the Safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults, thorough pre-employment reference and background checks are conducted for all posts.